- 1 recipeButterflied Roasted Chicken With Quick Jus
- 1 pound butternut squash,peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) fregola (about 1 1/4 cups; see note above)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems
- 1 1/2 teaspoons zest from 1/2 lemon
- Place diced squash on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with enough oil to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook alongside the chicken in a 500°F oven until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook fregola until al dente, according to package timing. Drain, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add squash to fregola. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, scallions, mint, parsley, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm . Serve squash and fregola salad with roasted chicken and jus; drizzle fregola with more oil as needed before serving.